Really? Seriously? Come on now? Did you really think this strategy would work? Has it been weeks or months and you’re still saying, “I can’t find a job?” It’s time to wake up and get real with your self. Finding a job takes work and it isn’t going to land in your lap without any effort.
The real first step is to make a plan of how you’re really going to land a job. If you’re clueless on how to make a plan, then get yourself to a WorkBC office where a trained professional will help you strategize. The service is free and there are many locations across BC.
If you can’t access a center then consider these simple steps:
- Create a resume that is targeted to a particular job you would enjoy. Visit our site for ideas or your local library.
- Look for job postings and ask around for openings in your area.
- Create a customized cover letter addressed to the job postings you are interested in.
- Submit your resume and cover letter to the company in the manner they specify, online or in person.
- Follow up with companies you’ve applied with a phone call.
- Prepare for your interviews.
This article was written by Miranda Vande Kuyt a self-employed career development practitioner and communications consultant.